Wednesday, December 2, 2015

1960 Mercury Monterey


1960 Mercury MontereyThe seller of this immaculate Mercury Monterey claims that it is all original and has only covered 15k miles since new. Supposedly, it was kept in the same Pennsylvania family until just recently and was only used as a fair weather car. Stories like this are always hard to believe, but after looking at the photos, I cant find any reason to doubt it. The condition of the car is amazing though, so even if you cant afford it, it's worth a look. Find it here on eBay out of Lakeland, Florida. Thanks goes to Charles H for the tip!


Monterey InteriorThe seller knows what they have, so dont expect to get a bargain on this one. Then again, how many survivor grade Montereys can there be left out there? Especially in this awesome hue of Polynesian Beige! The car does look great and it even has features that make it unique.

312 V8There's a 312 Thunderbird engine under the hood and although that is not necessary unique for one of these, this connect to a 3-speed manual! The seller mentions that you would normally see that transmission attached to an inline-six, not the V8. I'm really starting to like this car!

Rear WindowAfter looking at the photos, I realized something. This one is a lot like my very first classic car! When I was 14, my parents let me drag home my grandfather's 1959 Mercury. I wish they wouldn't have because I didn't really know what I was doing. Still, I learned a lot about cars and grew an appreciation for the classics. I remember that everyone making a big fuss about the glass being intact. I didn't understand it then, but I bet the front and rear windshields go for big money now. Anyway, I hope this one goes to a good home!

Source: barnfinds.com