Saturday, August 15, 2009

1947 Mercury Pickup Truck - The End? Dj Vu

By John Gilbert
Photography by Greg Doucette





Whether loyal CCT readers are aware of it or not I don't know, but each month's edition brings with it an underlying theme. These common threads aren't planned, they just seem to happen. Greg Doucette of Grande-Digue, New Brunswick, Canada, sent us this photo of what he thinks, is a '47 Mercury. Greg said he found the Mercury in a field about 1/2-mile from the Bay of Fundy near Dorchester, New Brunswick. Strange as this may seem, if the Mercury was driving around town in 1957, I might have seen it. Remember reading about Fred Steiner's '56 Chevy in this issue and the summer trip his family took due to a plumber's strike? My dad belonged to the same Local and our family also took an extended summer vacation during the strike. We drove our '50 Olds 88 clear across the states up into Canada and I got to stick my toes into the red clay of the Bay of Fundy while the tidal bore was out. When we returned to California in September my dad bought his Kodiak Brown '58 Chevy longbed with a Panoramic rear window.

Source: Custom Classic Trucks